Have Questions? Need Help? That’s why we’re here.
DIGITAL MILLENNIUM COPYRIGHT ACT AGENT
The agent designated to receive and act on copyright violations under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) is:
Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer
6045 S. Kenwood
Chicago, IL 60637
The University’s policies with regard to information technology, copyright, and related matters are available online, as required by DMCA.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act requires that all infringement claims must be in writing and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or the person authorized to act on its behalf;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
- A description of the infringing material and information reasonably sufficient to permit the University of Chicago to locate the material;
- Your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and email;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under the pains and penalties of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Category: Eligibility and Acceptable Use
Expiration Date: September 20, 2013
Policy Owner: rthielen