Have Questions? Need Help? That’s why we’re here.
DNS REQUEST SERVICE LEVELS
The following lists the upper limit of the typical time required to perform DNS related changes:
- For standard DNS requests made using the DNS Request Forms, the turnaround is one business day.
- For regular DNS requests made using the miscellaneous DNS Request Form, the turnaround is three business days.
- For regular DNS requests made via email or ticketing system, the turnaround is three business days.
- For DNS requests involving domains, zones, or many record changes, the turnaround is highly dependent on the circumstances of the request.
If a change requires scheduling, the following restrictions apply:
- For DNS requests to be scheduled during business hours, please provide a reasonable advance notice of the change. Please give enough notice when considering irregular or complex requests.
- For DNS requests to be scheduled during non-business hours, the requests should be submitted at least three business days in advance of the change.
To avoid delays, please make arrangements for any change at your earliest convenience.
- Hostnames are assigned based on availability.
- Hostnames cannot be “reserved.”
Please exercise good judgement and maturity when considering a hostname that might be offensive. All hostnames chosen must comply with all university policies.
ITS reserves the right to act as the final arbiter for any hostname disputes.
This policy may be changed at any time, as needed.
Expiration Date: August 15, 2014
Owner: Mark Degner