IT Services Partner Support provides an enhanced level of service for key campus IT Partners.
Overview – What Is Partner Support?
Create a single point of contact for IT Partners to do the following:
- escalate issues
- work to resolve technical or process issues when traditional paths are ineffective
Partner Support provides the following:
- channels of communication directly to Partner Support, such as phone and chat to use outside the scope of standard process
- a means to build and grow increased trust between ITS Support and all IT partners so the two groups are better connected
What Partner Support aims to achieve:
- less escalations to executive leadership over small communication or “slipping through the cracks” challenges
- a reduction in the duration of outages through more timely communications with IT partners during events
People – Who Is Behind Partner Support?
Partner Support Staff
Primary staff are based at the IT Service Desk, which is led by Sam Farmer. Escalation includes 24 hour/7 days a week Command Center support staff, who are empowered to escalate technical issues through the IT Services management chain.
Process – How to interact with Partner Support
Several modes of communication will be used with Partner Support for initiating contact, including:
- Phone – a dedicated phone number provided to IT Partner leadership through the Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC)
- Chat – a group chat with Partner Support staff (via Slack initially and through Microsoft Teams in the future), when a less formal communication is needed
Partner Support’s primary means of communication will always be direct, either by phone or in person. Additional communication may be provided as follows (when necessary):
- mailing list for sharing changes or updates to the Partner Support program
- UChicago Knowledge Base support articles
- links to statuspage.io outage updates