ITS Partner Support provides an enhanced level of service for key campus IT Partners, while continuing to leverage standard support channels. This should not be viewed as another initial entry point for routine matters into ITS, but rather as a safety net to prevent frustration or potential dead ends.
Overview – What Is Partner Support?
Create a single point of contact for IT Partners to do the following:
- escalate issues
- work to resolve technical or process issues when traditional paths are ineffective
What Partner Support provides:
- channels of communication directly to Partner Support, such as phone and chat to use outside the scope of standard process
- a means to build and grow increased trust between ITS Support and all IT partners so the two groups are better connected
What Partner Support aims to achieve:
- less escalations to executive leadership over small communication or “slipping through the cracks” challenges
- a reduction in the duration of outages through more timely communications with IT partners during events
People – Who Is Behind Partner Support?
Partner Support Staff
Primary staff are based at the IT Service Desk, which is led by Sam Farmer, Service Desk Lead, with reporting to Larry Tan, Service and Solutions Management. Escalation includes 24 hour/7 days a week Command Center support staff, who are empowered to escalate technical issues through the IT Services management chain.
Process – How to interact with Partner Support
Several modes of communication will be used with Partner Support for initiating contact, including:
- Phone – a dedicated phone number provided to IT Partner leadership through the Information Technology Leadership Council (ITLC)
- Chat – a group chat with Partner Support staff (via Slack initially and through Microsoft Teams in the future), when a less formal communication is needed
Partner Support’s primary means of communication will always be direct, either by phone or in person. Additional communication may be provided as follows (when necessary):
- mailing list for sharing changes or updates to the Partner Support program
- UChicago Knowledge Base support articles
- links to statuspage.io outage updates