POLICY ON COMPUTER ACCOUNT AND EMAIL REQUIREMENTS
FOR UNIVERSITY EMPLOYEES
Many University functions are conducted online. This policy identifies requirements of faculty, staff, and students needed to provide these online functions securely.
Departments, Schools, Divisions, Institutes, administrative units, or other parts of the University may have supplemental policies regarding computer account and email requirements. Those policies cannot diminish the requirements set forth below.
- The University of Chicago provides a CNetID account to each of its faculty, staff, and students. Faculty, staff, and students are responsible for using this account throughout their affiliation with the University.
- Faculty, staff, and students must regularly attend to email addressed to this account.
- Faculty, staff, and students must either change their CNetID password at least annually or enroll in Two Factor Authentication.
- When required by management or by an authority for an online function, Two Factor Authentication must be used in conjunction with the account used to access the online function.
- Employees in any department whose purpose is primarily to conduct or support administrative activities must complete security awareness training as part of new employee on-boarding and annually thereafter.
Frequently Asked Questions
I have a UCHAD account. Do I need to also have a CNetID account?
I have an account issued by my Department, Division, School, or Institute in addition to a CNetID account. Is this account also subject to this policy?
Must I use a University provided email service?
Why annual password expiration and not some other interval, or never?
What is Two Factor Authentication? Why may that be required?
If I enroll in Two Factor Authentication, will I never be asked to change my CNetID password?
How long does it take to complete security awareness training and why must it be retaken annually?
Category: Account and Identity
Policy Owner: tbarton